- LUCIA PRO Ink Set
The LUCIA PRO ink set adopts 11-color pigment inks and a Chroma Optimizer. Designed specifically to meet the demands of even the most critical photographer, the LUCIA PRO ink formulation includes microencapsulated colorants that enable smooth gradients, an expanded color gamut, and deeper color expression. This system helps you achieve stunning color reproduction, image clarity, and enhanced darker areas. A first for the Canon large format printers is the addition of a Chroma Optimizer. Used when printing on glossy and semi-glossy paper, this acts as a clear coat, improving color performance and gloss characteristics enriching the dark areas of a print. This new ink set helps:
- Enhance gloss uniformity
- Improve scratch resistance
- Enhance dark area reproduction
- Reduce graininess
- No Switching of Black Inks The PRO Series is designed to work seamlessly when changing media types. Matte black and Photo black inks have their own dedicated nozzles, so no manual switching between ink tanks is necessary. You can print on fine art paper then glossy paper with no worries, no changes, and no waste.
- PF-10 Print Head The PF-10, a 1.28″-wide print head with 18,432 nozzles equipped with anti-clogging FINE technology, generates fast print speeds while reducing the possibility of clogging. Ink ejection conditions are precisely checked by 27 sensors, and if a clog is detected, another nozzle will provide back-up.This print head is wider than previous imagePROGRAF print heads requiring models to only have one instead of two. Having only one print head means a more compact printer that achieves faster print speeds while maintaining high print quality.
- L-COA PRO High-Speed Image Processing Engine The imagePROGRAF printers are powered by the L-COA PRO high-speed image processing engine. With three processing chips, this high-precision control engine performs the processing of massive image data, and controls the optimal ink layout that produces high resolution prints.
- Color Calibration The color calibration function is designed to produce consistent color reproduction. This new printer includes an upgraded, built-in color densitometer that offers precise calibration and color matching. Using a three-color LED and condenser lens the sensor enables accurate recalibration of the device, allowing you to maintain a low average printer-to-printer color difference. The color calibration is finished quickly after a few simple steps on the printer’s operation panel. A single color calibration performed with one type of media is used to make adjustments on the other Canon supported media.The Device Management Console software, ideal for fleet management, lets you perform color calibrations remotely. This software lets you monitor the printer status of up to 50 units from any location in the world, be notified via email when an error has occurred, or check the amount of ink left in the printers without ever having to leave the comfort of your desk.
- High Precision Mechanical Platform The engineered unibody structure provides a strong platform for stable print head scanning, resulting in precise ink droplet placement. The perfect combination of speed and high-quality printing is achieved with this design.
- Multifunction Roll System The Multifunction Roll System, standard with the PRO-6000, is a versatile media handling solution system that enables either a second roll of media to be loaded on the printer, or the unit can be configured as a bi-directional media Take-up unit.Dual –Roll Feeding: The dual-roll feeding mechanism enables users to load a second roll of a different media type and size so that users can simultaneously switch from printing on matte to gloss paper without pausing their work to reload. Additionally, the second roll can be used to support high-volume printing be enabling two rolls of the same media to be fed to the printer.Bi-Directional Rewinding: The Multifunction Roll System may also be configured by the operator as a take-up unit to rewind longer printouts. The user can choose to rewind media with the printed surface on the outside or the inside of the roll, thereby supporting “bi-directional rewinding”.
- Effortless Media Loading Loading media on a Canon large format printer has never been easier. Simply set the roll holder in the printer, rotate the roll holder handles and let the media automatically feed into the printer. No need to touch the paper; decreasing the risk of creasing and blemishes.
- Print Studio Pro Software1
Creating large format prints is now easier with the introduction of Print Studio Pro for imagePROGRAF large format printers. This software offers features that streamline your printing workflow. Compatible with Canon Digital Photo Professional® software, Adobe Photoshop® software, and Adobe Lightroom® software, Print Studio Pro offers versatility never before seen with Canon Large Format printing. Features include:
- 16-bit Printing Workflow
- Roll Paper Preview Mode
- Contrast Reproduction
- Import multiple images and make batch edits that apply to all
- Create “Favorites” settings
- Ability to print multiple-up images
- Operation Panel The large 3.5″ color LCD touch panel makes it easy to view printer information as well as perform simple operations.
- Wi-Fi Connection2 Stay Connected. Wi-Fi connectivity is now standard with the imagePROGRAF PRO Series.
- Print From USB Thumb Drive PDF and JPEG files can be directly printed on the imagePROGRAF PRO-6000 from a USB thumb drive. Simply input the thumb drive into the USB port on the printer, preview the image on the operation panel, and print! Fast and easy printing without the use of a computer.
- High Capacity Ink Tanks Available in 160ml, 330ml, and 700ml ink tanks, you have the flexibility to purchase ink based on your printing needs. 700ml photo black ink tanks can be purchased for those often printing nightscapes and 160ml magenta ink tanks for the occasional sunset image, giving you the power to purchase ink based on the color frequency at which you print.
- Sub-Ink Tank System The Sub-Ink Tank System allows all of the available ink in a tank to be used before having to replace it, helping eliminate any wasted ink. The empty tanks can also be replaced on-the-fly without stopping the printer. This is extremely useful during your long print jobs.
- Multipositional Basket
The imagePROGRAF PRO-6000 features a multipositional basket that can be freely adjusted to enable various output positions and options:
- Catch Basket
- Flatbed Stacking
- Slope (can be used to display a print)
- 320GB Hard Drive A built-in 320 GB hard drive within the printer increases productivity by relieving workload from the host Mac or PC, while providing a large capacity for print job data storage and retrieval. This 320 GB hard drive enables job data to be stored in protected mailboxes for easy access via web browser or at the printer for job re-printing. The embedded hard disk is ideal for medium to large workgroups to share a printer efficiently with multiple users, offering sample job storage space.
- Media Configuration Tool
Recognizing the expanding array of media options for large format printers and to further improve the versatility of these new imagePROGRAF models, Canon has developed a Media Configuration Tool, which allows customers to not only utilize Canon-branded media, but provides the ability to make adjustments to printer settings to enhance the precision and quality of output achieved with third party media. Settings that can be configured using media parameter adjustment features include:
- Media weight and thickness
- Ink drying
- Automatic cutting settings
- Borderless printing
- Paper feed amount
- Print-head height
- Vacuum strength
- Maximum ink usage
- Accounting Manager
In today’s printing environment, it is more important than ever to understand how much ink and media each print job is costing your business. Both Mac® and Microsoft® compatible, Accounting Manager serves as a powerful feature, used for accurately managing your print costs. With the Accounting Manager feature you can track how much ink and paper is being consumed when printing in large format of up to 50 printers! Each individual ink tank can have its own cost associated to it, as well as a variety of different paper types. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on your own “Cost of Goods”. The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel so the data can be used for billing purposes. This feature will allow you to determine the cost of each print based on your actual cost. Features include:
- Job Cost (ink, Media and variable cost inputted by user)
- Ink Consumed per Job*
- Media Consumed per Job
- Job Completion time
- And more
- imagePROGRAF Printer Driver3 This Windows® and Macintosh® drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive. The Real Preview feature lets users ensure that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper is correct by providing real time preview, allowing users to change the print setting even after clicking on “print.” The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type (available for both Windows and Mac driver).
- Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow “Wizard”. The Plug-in will bypass the printer driver to simplify the printing process. A few simple steps convert your 8.5″ x 11″ office document to poster size.
- Quick Utility Toolbox Quick Utility Toolbox is a portal to where all of the Canon printer software and tools can be accessed.
Main Unit SpecsComing Soon!
Download Brochure Coming Soon!